Humble Games has released a new video for its upcoming game Unpacking showing a more behind-the-scenes look at its development. The video gives an enriching discussion from the developers on how the game came about after the two met and eventually moved in together, which sparked the creation of the main concept for the game. The video primarily chats with the Creative Direct of the game. game, Wren Brier, which goes over a few different aspects and dynamics that make the game work and give it the charm it has. One of the best parts is listening to him talk about the pixel art that you see in the game and why they chose to go a certain way with different things. If you’re a developer, this sounds like a must-see video about how people make decisions from time to time in games. Unpacking versions for PC, Switch, and Xbox One on November 2 as you can currently pre-order it through the Humble store and To smoke today.
Unpacking is a zen game about the familiar experience of taking goods out of boxes and moving them into a new home. Part assembly puzzle, part decoration of the house, you are invited to create a satisfying living space while learning clues about the life as you unpack. Over the course of eight moves, you have the opportunity to experience a sense of intimacy with a character you never see and a story you never get told.
- Unbox a house – from a single bedroom to an entire house.
- Meditative gameplay without a stopwatch, counter or score.
- Explore home environments with all their nooks and crannies as you stack plates, hang napkins, and arrange shelves.
- Discover a character’s story through the items that accompany them in each new home (and the items that remain).
- Soundtrack by BAFTA Award Winning Composer and Audio Director Jeff Van Dyck.