through 3 quarters
Down nine at the end of the last quarter, the Los Angeles Clippers have now taken the lead. It’s anyone’s game after three quarters, but Los Angeles is ahead of the Denver Nuggets 85-79.
The Clippers enjoyed the team combination of goaltender Eric Bledsoe and center Ivica Zubac. The first scored a double-double on 16 points and ten under, while the second released a double-double on 15 points and ten boards with three blocks. One thing to watch out for is Luke Kennard’s plight as he currently sits at five.
Denver was led by center Nikola Jokic, who has so far achieved a double-double with 17 points and 15 rebounds in addition to seven assists.
the Nuggets have lost 92% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one looks pretty much over
Denver @ Los Angeles
Current records: Denver 15-16; Los Angeles 17-15
What there is to know
After a few days off for both teams, the Denver Nuggets and Los Angeles Clippers will meet again at 9 p.m. ET on December 26 at Crypto.com Arena. Los Angeles is still expected to skyrocket after a win, as the Nuggets look to turn the boat around.
Denver fell to the Charlotte Hornets last Thursday, losing 115-107. Denver was leading 94-77 at the end of the third quarter, but couldn’t hold onto the lead. Denver’s loss came despite a quality game from center Nikola Jokic, who posted a double-double with 29 points and 21 boards in addition to five dimes.
Meanwhile, the stars were shining for Los Angeles in a 105-89 victory over the Sacramento Kings last Wednesday. Forward Eric Bledsoe (19 points), small forward Paul George (17 points) and power forward Serge Ibaka (17 points) were Los Angeles’ top scorers. This also makes it three straight games in which Paul George made at least three interceptions.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Nuggets are set to win a tight contest on Sunday. They’ve failed bettors playing the spread in their last two games, so buyers are wary.
Denver didn’t have too much leeway in their competition with the Clippers when the two teams previously met in May, but they came away with a 110-104 victory nonetheless. Will Denver repeat their success or does Los Angeles have a better game plan this time around? We will find out soon enough.
How to watch
- When: Sunday at 9 p.m. ET
- Or: Crypto.com Arena – Los Angeles, California
- TV: Altitude sports and entertainment
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 12.73
Nuggets are 3-point favorites against Clippers, latest says NBA odds.
The punters had a good idea of the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nuggets as the 4-point favorite.
Over / Under: -110
History of the series
Denver has won 15 of its last 27 games against Los Angeles.
- May 01, 2021 – Denver 110 vs. Los Angeles 104
- April 01, 2021 – Denver 101 vs. Los Angeles 94
- December 25, 2020 – Los Angeles 121 vs. Denver 108
- Sep 15, 2020 – Denver 104 vs. Los Angeles 89
- Sep 13, 2020 – Denver 111 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Sep 11, 2020 – Denver 111 vs. Los Angeles 105
- Sep 09, 2020 – Los Angeles 96 vs. Denver 85
- Sep 07, 2020 – Los Angeles 113 vs. Denver 107
- Sep 05, 2020 – Denver 110 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Sep 03, 2020 – Los Angeles 120 vs. Denver 97
- Aug 12, 2020 – Los Angeles 124 vs. Denver 111
- February 28, 2020 – Los Angeles 132 vs. Denver 103
- January 12, 2020 – Denver 114 v Los Angeles 104
- February 24, 2019 – Denver 123 vs. Los Angeles 96
- January 10, 2019 – Denver 121 vs. Los Angeles 100
- December 22, 2018 – Los Angeles 132 vs. Denver 111
- October 17, 2018 – Denver 107 v Los Angeles 98
- April 07, 2018 – Denver 134 vs. Los Angeles 115
- February 27, 2018 – Los Angeles 122 vs. Denver 120
- January 17, 2018 – Los Angeles 109 v Denver 104
- March 16, 2017 – Denver 129 vs. Los Angeles 114
- January 21, 2017 – Denver 123 vs. Los Angeles 98
- December 26, 2016 – Denver 106 v Los Angeles 102
- December 20, 2016 – Los Angeles 119 v Denver 102
- March 27, 2016 – Los Angeles 105 vs. Denver 90
- February 24, 2016 – Denver 87 v Los Angeles 81
- November 24, 2015 – Los Angeles 111 v Denver 94
Los Angeles injury report
- Marcus Morris: absent (Covid-19)
- Isaiah Hartenstein: Out (ankle)
- Reggie Jackson: absent (Covid-19)
- Jason Preston: absent (foot)
- Jay Scrubb: Out (Covid-19)
- Paul George: out (elbow)
- Kawhi Leonard: out (knee)
Denver injury report
- JaMychal Green: Decision during the match (ankle)
- Aaron Gordon: Out (hamstrings)
- Bol Bol: Released (Covid-19)
- Markus Howard: out (knee)
- Jamal Murray: Out (knee)
- Michael Porter Jr.: Out for the Season (Return)
- PJ Dozier: Out for the Season (knee)